Drinking water and wastewater services (including sewage treatment) to residential, commercial, and industrial sectors of the economy are the services provided by the water industry. Water supply network is operated by the public utility. This industry does not include manufacturers and suppliers of bottled water, which is a part of beverage production and belongs to the food sector. Today, water supplies are scarcer than ever before, requiring water utilities to operate more efficiently than anyone thought possible. Like water, the flow of data from water utilities is both measurable and manageable. Analytics helps utilities transform complicated data into simple solutions that can make a big difference. Some call it advanced water utility analytics.
Today, water supplies are scarcer than ever before, requiring water utilities to operate more efficiently than anyone thought possible. Like water, the flow of data from water utilities is both measurable and manageable. Analytics helps utilities transform complicated data into simple solutions that can make a big difference. Some call it advanced water utility analytics.
Analytics in Water Industry Help in:
- View the performance and costs of their assets in real time, spotting risks and vulnerabilities before assets fail and customers are impacted
- Make proactive decisions to improve customer service and mitigate environmental risks keep on top of the production cost of water every minute of every day
- Offer affordable operational options in place of expensive bricks-and-mortar solutions
- Be more responsive to customers
- Make the most of sensors and telemetry already embedded in network and plant assets.
Challenges in Water Industry:
- Lack of Supply: One of the biggest challenges is a future lack of water supply. Oracle Utilities conducted a survey in 2012 of water utility executives across 10 major markets – the United States, Canada, the U.K., Australia, France, Spain, Brazil, Russia, India and China – and determined that 39 percent of water industry executives believe that demand for water will outstrip supply by 2030…unlock more
- Tariff Structure: The need for appropriate tariffs to be set by regulators is one area in which innovation still needs to occur, and quickly. One in three respondents in Oracle’s Water for All? The study said that they felt tariff levels are currently set too low to encourage investment. To do that, the business model for water utilities also needs to evolve…unlock more
In this e-book we will explore:
- The Process implemented across water supply chain
- Analytics in the water supply
- Technology used
- More on Analytics for Decision Making in Water Industry
- Barriers in Water Industry
- Marketing Analytics in Water Industry
Unlock the whole report on Water Supplier and Irrigation for in-depth knowledge about this industry.
The e-book “B2B Analytics and Its Scope in Industry Report 2018” is a practical roadmap for the businesses and startups. This e-book provides Customer Analytics, Sales Analytics and Marketing Analytics key trends for the readers. The e-book will also help the users to list the points where to concentrate more efforts in pursuance of the priority basis.
We’ve created this e-book to guide the businesses to operate smoothly and cross all the hurdles related to the customer, sales and marketing. The e-book will help the companies and startups to reach and engage in new ways with the targeted audience.
For customized market research reports for any kind of startups and business in any industry, you can contact Craft Driven Market Research team here directly.
B2B, B2B Analytics, B2B Analytics and Its Scope in Industry, Craft Driven, Craft Driven Market Research, IBM, market research, Technology, Water Industry, Water Supply and Irrigation, Water Utility
1 thought on “Water Industry: B2B Analytics and its Scope in Industry”
I do agree with your above article. But in India, we have a large amount of water but still, it’s not drinkable. To make it better we found that we need the first desalination of impure water to remove impurity and after that, we just need to clear the water from germs which can be done by dechlorination. Poly Aluminium Chloride and Chlorine will help for above to process. Which can make us available a large amount of water by making pure water from impure water. I found one of the website clearwaterchemical.in and their process on it for the availability of pure water.